Kitchen #newbies !!
Having veggies and beans prepped saves time, money and energy!!
You’d like to have my containers right? They are made by a Czech company called Rotho. Unfortunately I cannot find a distributor in the US but have written to the company for any contact info. If I have some news then I will re-post but don’t let this stop you from doing this easy prep. You can store these in zip bags or any sort of containers!!
Cooking beluga/black lentils:
* 1 cup black #beluga lentils (dry)
* 3½ cups water or veggie broth
* I also like to add a small chopped onion or leek
1. Bring the water to boil in a medium saucepan
2. Add the lentils and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until "al dente" but cooked through. Check for doneness. Older #lentils take longer to cook.
3. Place in a colander to drain. Put in a food grade storage container when cooled.
Instant Pot Chickpeas https://instantpot.com/instantpot-cooking-time/#tab-id-3 I cooked mine a few weeks ago and froze them in their liquid, in 2 cup quantities. Thaw when needed.
Uses for all of these : #salads, #soups, #stews, #stirfries, etc etc. Just grab and go!!